Thursday 18 April 2013

Deer City & Level Progression

It's been a while since I uploaded a blog, mostly because of Easter break and productivity being a bit all over the place so time for major update on what I've been doing. I have a ton to do still and its time to knuckle down and really bring the whole project together.


 These are the modulated antler horns for the generic deer heads on the wall. This is something I've wanted to do because I have so many unique stuff that I can't spam them around the level because it would be too obvious so I needed something to help me break up wall spaces.


I'm also about halfway done with the Pim Palsgraaf sculpt, it's taking a while because I'm basically modelling a city on the back of this deer and so this is where things can start eating into time. But when it's done it will look awesomesauce so I can't complain.


I was feeling stuck over the easter and with not much work being done I decided to do a paintover to try give myself a better idea of where the level is going and to make it feel less empty which i was getting annoyed at.


 I won't have time to fully do the factory but i can give the illusion it is working with things like gears, rolling machines and the assembly line working away behind the closed doors. You will be able to see behind the glass a little bit and hopefully it will look really awesome and be kismeted and be cool.


You think I would have done enough fur but i want to do more, i want a big fur coat at the front entrance and a pelt to break up the repetition, it just helps make it feel more like home. I also want particle FX in teh light shafts to make them more realistic


As you can see I have a long way to go but with a better idea of what i'm doing again I will pick up the slack and get it finished to a high standard. I love this project and I will really work on the lighting to give it an awesome atmosphere, hopefully very reminiscent of Bioshock infinite.



Also here are some of my sculpts, just trying out rendering and stuff for portfolio, I'll keep experimenting and learning about this whole presentation business.

No comments:

Post a Comment