Friday 8 March 2013

Presentation update

Update, what is update? So I've not updated in a while and I kinda feel guilty, I like to keep an eye on my own progress with updates but I have been lacking in both doing the work and doing the blogs. But anywho I'm updating now and I'll get a lot done next week with half term and not being in the country wasn't great but I'll deal with it.


I started work on the Zbrush sculpt and refined the shape a bit better than the max scene. Still a bit to do on it but its getting there. For all my animals I am normal mapping the eyes and such. Big focus on the silhouette  everything else can be textured on. This is an awesome sculpt because I wont need to plaster it in fur, hopefully i can make it really glossy and awesome. 


More stuff modelled unwrapped, at the minute I think I have 60 + assets...and yeah before you say it. I know I'm going to texture them, that will be next week, to capture up on my texturing that I love so much.


I tried out a few designs for a large tank for the shark but I'm not really liking it. I dunno I feel its a little...shit so I think I want to hang it on the walkway which will be more interesting. If this is the case then I will make the shark more limb, hung from a chain...some shark bling.


I'll go into this with the glass jars below but with UDK it hate transparancy and so I need to export all things that are transparent as a different asset. It means I have to then build it all in UDK which is a pain but I get better results and ultimately less hassle. So this is structure of the inside, so you can see the factory part from the showroom floor, creating a nice juxtaposition.


Modular pieces for the walkway, took a bit of tweaking and reimporting but I was able to adjust it into place.


Finally started to texture the pipes, so as I stated that will be next week, catching up on all that.


Okay so you see with the glass jars, the way they have to be made is really weird, for such a small area of my inside it still is 22 assets because the water needs a separate shader, the glass needs a shader and the animals have to fit inside all these jars. So I've started texturing the animals as well, I need to make a choice of keeping them only in the jars or if I'm going to reuse them somewhere else. This will affect the specular and texture size for these small assets.





Still lots to do but it's coming along nicely, gotta pick up the pace, focus on an area and finish it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment